Meade Potato Company is one of the country’s largest growers, packers and distributors of fresh produce to the retail market. We are situated in Lobinstown, Navan, Co. Meath and currently employ approx. 240 staff directly and over 300 indirectly. Meade Potato Co. offers over 100 different lines of produce of the highest quality in freshness, appearance and taste, delivered by a supply chain that prides itself on its efficiency.
FRESH PRODUCE BUYER
The role of the Fresh Produce Buyer is to help, develop and maintain our team of growers and secure supply of first class potatoes, fruit & vegetables for our expanding customer base. The experienced Fresh Produce Buyer will build relations with new and existing suppliers, with the goal of expanding sales and market share. The role for the enthusiastic candidate will be to optimise sales and profit through negotiation, analysis, planning and people management. It will involve working closely with our farm manager and will also involve frequent farm visits to inspect & monitor our crops during the growing season.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily order placement/ purchasing from suppliers
- Manage the supply of potatoes/fruit/veg effectively in the short, medium and long term through effective buying and supply chain management
- Building good relationships with new suppliers and maintaining current relationships with suppliers.
- Respond to and resolve queries daily from stores and suppliers efficiently
- Monitor stock levels against sales projections
- Sales analysis, promotion and market research
- Monitor and review weekly K.P.I’s for warehouse and distribution
- Prepare & execute presentations for prospective clients
- Manage freight contracts to ensure continuity of supply
- Ensure Stock counts are performed and reconciled
- Ad-hoc duties as dictated by Buyers and Management
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations at all times.
Key Behaviours/ Competencies
- Demonstrate a high level of competency and confidence in using IT systems, including the Microsoft Office programs and capacity to learn new programs quickly.
- Demonstrate initiative and a flexible approach to issues
- Ability to work well under pressure, plan and organise workloads to meet deadlines
- Strong reasoning, logical decision making & analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience to include experience in sourcing and buying
- Experience in the FMCG sector would be desirable
- Full clean driving license
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please apply via email the HR department firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants, but due to the volume of applications being received we are not always able to do this; if you do not receive any form of communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for submitting applications, then unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We will however retain your CV on file, should another position become available in the future.