Meade Potato Company is one of the country’s largest growers, packers and distributors of fresh produce to the retail market. We are situated in Lobinstown, Navan, Co. Meath and currently employ approx. 240 staff directly and over 300 indirectly. Meade Potato Co. offers over 100 different lines of produce of the highest quality in freshness, appearance and taste, delivered by a supply chain that prides itself on its efficiency.
Sales / Purchasing Executive
Meade Potato Company, an award winning Fresh Produce Company who operate from their family farm in Co. Meath for the last four decades, are now recruiting for a confident, professional Sales / Purchasing Executive to join their team. The rolerequires the successful candidate to help, develop and maintain our team of growers and secure supply of first class potatoes, fruit & vegetables for our expanding customer base. The Sales / Purchasing Executive will build relations with new and existing suppliers & customers, with the goal of expanding sales and market share.
The role for the enthusiastic candidate will be to optimise sales through negotiation, analysis, planning and people management. It will involve working alongside our farm manager on a continuous basis and will also involve frequent farm visits to inspect & monitor our crops during the growing season.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily order placement/ purchasing from suppliers
- Manage the supply of potatoes/fruit/veg effectively in the short, medium and long term through effective buying and supply chain management
- Building good relationships with new suppliers & customers and maintaining relationships with our current suppliers and customers.
- Direct and enhance production plans as per orders
- Developing new business opportunities.
- Closely dealing with Sales, logistics and accounting Departments
- Evaluating purchasing opportunities through various outlets
- Preparing documentation during purchasing and selling process
- Respond to and resolve queries daily from stores, customers and suppliers efficiently
- Monitor stock levels against sales projections and ensure Stock counts are performed and reconciled
- Sales analysis, promotion and market research
- Monitor and review weekly K.P.I’s for warehouse and distribution.
- Prepare & execute presentations for prospective customers
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by Buyers and Management
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations at all times.
The ideal candidate will;
- Have an interest in the Fresh Produce industry
- Demonstrate a high level of competency and confidence in using IT systems, including the Microsoft Office programs and capacity to learn new programs quickly. Use of Prophet system a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrate initiative and a flexible approach to issues.
- Punctual, organised & efficient
- Able to demonstrate “face to face” and telephone sales & purchase experience
- Ability to work well under pressure, plan and organise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Strong reasoning, logical decision making & analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Confident negotiation skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience to include experience in sourcing, selling and buying.
- Experience in the FMCG/ wholesale sector would be an advantage
- Full clean driving license
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants, but due to the volume of applications being received we are not always able to do this; if you do not receive any form of communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for submitting applications, then unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We will however retain your CV on file, should another position become available in the future.