Meade Potato Company is one of the country’s largest growers, packers and distributors of fresh produce to the retail market. We are situated in Lobinstown, Navan, Co. Meath and currently employ approx. 240 staff directly and over 300 indirectly. Meade Potato Co. offers over 100 different lines of produce of the highest quality in freshness, appearance and taste, delivered by a supply chain that prides itself on its efficiency.
Meade Potato Company are currently recruiting a Maintenance Fitter to join our expanding maintenance team. The role is suitable for a motivated individual who is capable of working with complex mechanical and electrical production lines in a fast paced environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out preventative, emergency and predictive maintenance of all equipment throughout the factory
- Liaise with and assist any 3rd party contractors in carrying out their duties on site.
- Troubleshoot with respect to repair of all equipment on the production floor, whilst ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum
- Maintain a high standard to Health & Safety during maintenance work.
- Complete all required documentation accurately.
- Conduct mechanical and electrical repairs within the factory
- FAS mechanical diploma/ Trade certificate
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Electrical experience would be an advantage
- Experience in pneumatics would be beneficial
- Knowledge of CMMS systems is desirable
- Previous experience with packaging equipment in an FMCG environment is highly desirable
- Full clean driving licence
- Flexibility in relation to working hours, the role will entail evenings/ weekend work.
Key behaviours/ Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Be health & safety conscious
- Work efficiently as part of a team and also on own initiative
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please apply via email the HR department firstname.lastname@example.org
These job descriptions are written at a specific time and is subject to change as the demands of the business and the role develop. The various roles require flexibility and adaptability and the employees of the company need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed in this job description.
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants, but due to the volume of applications being received we are not always able to do this; if you do not receive any form of communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for submitting applications, then unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We will however retain your CV on file, should another position become available in the future.